Published September 20, 2016 © GPL3+
LabVIEW Basics - 12 | Case Structures
Case structures can be used to selectively execute code based on the value of a condition.
Things used in this project
Software apps and online services
- To place a case structure, select it from Functions Palette»Structures then click and drag on the block diagram to draw a box.
- Case structures contain sub diagrams or cases.
- The value passed into the Case Selector terminal determines which case executes.
- By default the case selector is a boolean data type and two cases exist True and False
- Connecting another data type to the case selector will automatically change it's data type.
- The Selector Label indicates the condition associated with each sub diagram.
- Left click the selector label to change the condition associated with a sub diagram.
- Add or remove sub diagrams by right clicking the edge of the case structure or selector label.
- Data is passed into and out of the case structure using tunnels which are automatically created when data is wired into or out of the case structure.